Share My Creation MK9 Dashboard

It's a Mortal Kombat 9 moves reference application. Has support for all screen sizes, Shows a single player in phone sizes, dual players for tablets. speech recognition to choose characters without browsing, even TTS for comical effect. I temporarily disabled TSS as I realized that it's not working on half the custom roms out there because of missing stuff. I don't have a reliable way of testing for it yet.

MK9 Dashboard

I haven't really advertised yet so i'm lacking downloads. That and it's brand new and there's other that are free (but very bad layouts, probably their first android app :)) I will try to update content with stuff other people don't have to up the ante. Like including a guide to building an arcade stick yourself like I did.

The behind part is fairly simple. It's 4 webviews, and a ton of html. First XML files were created to hold all the moves etc.. quickly and in VS2010 I made a quick dirty LINQ app to generate the html and check for syntax errors. That program created all the html pages. Android acts as the viewer, all while hiding that it's a WebView to the user by controlling zoom etc...
The template for each type of page was designed in Microsoft Expression Web to quickly make a page with a css file that's shared by all pages.

If I had done this by hand, it probably would have taken about a month or two of work here and there. I took the code generator approach and it took 2-3 days. Mostly just adding and editing the xml content.

-M

Attachments

• mk9scr1.jpg
    mk9scr1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4,977
  • mk9scr2.jpg
    mk9scr2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 290
  • unnamed (12).jpg
    unnamed (12).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 321