MyLists V1

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
Hi here is ‘MyLists’ it is a to-do tree based on the fantastic ToDoTree3.3 by Specci

Source and all files can be found here itslifejim - files
Additional features include…
- Icons in the treeview object, these can be selected from a list by the user or system generated based on things like due date, priority etc.
- Drawing note type drawings and external images can be imported as a note type
- View note shows the icon and can be used for quick edits of note text, the view note buton only shows if there is a note to view.
- Wide screen – it should work in standard screens but I have not checked it.
- Choice of directory on PPC (I prefer the note to be on the storage card in the program folder)

Known Bugs:
- Problem when drawing lots of shapes the shapes slowly become blurred.
- Problem with editing an image on the desktop – works fine on the phone but - I get an exception when debugging on the desktop

To Do:
- Implement icons on flat view
- Fix bugs
- Custom icons based on a directory
- Icon editor
- Web address type note
- Voice note
- Alerts on load for what is red/amber
- Save changes to defaults for long, medium and short tasks

Attachments

• ScreenShot046.jpg
    ScreenShot046.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 357
  • ScreenShot049.jpg
    ScreenShot049.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 324
  • ScreenShot048.jpg
    ScreenShot048.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 326
  • ScreenShot047.jpg
    ScreenShot047.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
Yes, considered treeviewplus, it is in the todo list (although not the one i published in the post!), but I found out about treeviewplus too late in the development and specci48 has extensivley used the imageindex as the ID key so backing all this out and splitting ID's and image indexes in the existing code requires enough 'quiet' time in a single session to implement - and I don't have the time at the moment - I like the idea of different size fonts and different colours that treeviewplus also allows so I will get round to it and the code will be more streamlined as a result - I have some compromises in how I have shoe-horned icons into the code that I wouldn't need with treeviewplus.

I also have some code that will allow me to create icons on the fly - which I currently don't do because I was worried about speed - and still have a lot to learn about creating new bitmap objects on the fly...

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
A well done improvement of "my" first steps dealing with a treeview. I really like the possibility to add different icons to every node :)
As I developed the ToDoTree with basic4ppc 4.0, none of the beautiful image libraries were available.

... has extensivley used the imageindex as the ID key ...
:sign0013:

And a personal wish for your "To Do":
- reactivate the possibility to show the due date in a short or long form (or I will reimplement this one for myself :D)

specci48

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
And a personal wish for your "To Do":
- reactivate the possibility to show the due date in a short or long form (or I will reimplement this one for myself :D)

specci48

I feel compelled to do this Specci48, I'll add back to the next version in honor of your original on which this is based. However also note that the icon colour will change if the due date gets close - I will make this configurable in the next version, currently it is set to go red if the due date>Now and amber if due date+3>now and blue if complete

Last edited:

Simontelescopium

Licensed User
V1.42 - For Specci48 :)

I have added back in due dates on the tasks and note type on the tasks.

1) Due dates
- if selected in global options the due date (dd/mm) will be displayed on all tasks
- if a system icon is used and the task is overdue the system icon goes red (no change) but if a custom icon is used I show '!' like ToDoTree3.3

2) Task Type
- if a system icon isn't used and the global option is set I show a hint that there is a text or drawing (different character for each)

Get it here

D

Deleted member 103

Hi Simontelescopium,

:sign0098:

the *.dll and *.cs files should not be included in the zip file!;)

Ciao,
Filippo

snoman

Licensed User
Longtime User
My respect and thanks to specci48 and Simontelescopium for developing this really good ToDo List Manager!

My 2ct: most ppc-based todo list managers (well, actually there arent not that much good ones...) lacks possibilities to export the data into Desktop tools like FreeMind, AbstractSpoons' ToDoList or MindJet etc.

My overall ToDo item handling wish is: document/store the ToDos with a caregory and project context in the Mobile as easy and simple as possible and transfer it onto the desktop for further handling and updating. Main bain in the .... is that tools comonly use their own propretary file format for storage. I know, there are several solutions possible via XSLT (I learnt that through ToDoList by ApstractSpoon) but these converting tasks allways need an extra step on the desktop and an extra piece of software and this software must exist for the used OS...

Question: is it possible to generate an export or switch the standard save format of MyListsV1 i.e. into the freemind format or AbstractSpoon's ToDoList format? Both are XML-based and I could assist in the transformation rules creation but unfort. not in the development proess itself.

Thanks 3 sharing u thoughts.

so short
snoman