Newbie here..Please Help =(

EeansJE

Hi all, I am newbie to B4A.

To learn from beginning, I wish to create a click button that will pop out "Hello World" as shown in the example video in B4A website Screenshots column.

I follow all steps in video but error occur. I am curious why I will had an error.

The error show was "Layout not available".

The default layout was 320 x 480, scale = 1 (160 dpi)
and then I try to change to my device layout which is Note2 layout 720 x 1280, scale = 2 (320 dpi) but same error still occur. I try to normalize layout to 360 x 640, scale = 1 (160 dpi) as suggested by the pop out window if I trying to put scale =2. Unfortunately, the same error also occur.

What happened to the layout thing????

I already follow all steps as in video..

Pls help:sign0085::sign0085:..I am totally new to this:sign0104:. Needed this B4A for my project..:( :sign0013::BangHead:

Any pro out there?? Hope you guys can left some comments and experiences here. Thank a lotz..Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Thx guys!!!:sign0089:

EeansJE

Another curious..Coding coding...
Under Sub Activity_Create (FirstTime As Boolean)
Activity.LoadLayout("1")
The second word Activity was different in color. My code was in purple color whereas the video was in black color. Why?

Upvote 0

giga

Licensed User
Longtime User
Activity.LoadLayout("1")
The second word Activity was different in color. My code was in purple color whereas the video was in black color. Why?

Activity.LoadLayout("1")

Activity should be purple thats normal when starting an Activity.

Upvote 0

Stulish

Licensed User
Longtime User
EeansJE,

can you attach a copy of your B4A code, just go to File, then Export as Zip and attach it here in the forum.

We can have a look and see what is happening.

Thanks

Stu

Upvote 0

Dman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Activity.LoadLayout("1")

What did you name your layout in the designer. If you named it 1 then it should show. If you named it anything else then you need to change the 1 to whatever you named it.

Upvote 0

EeansJE

EeansJE,

can you attach a copy of your B4A code, just go to File, then Export as Zip and attach it here in the forum.

We can have a look and see what is happening.

Thanks

Stu

Thx Stu...I found the solution...
is because i save it in name Hello.bal
so I should used Activity.LoadLayout("Hello")

That y I said I am new in this...haha..
thx bro =)

Upvote 0

EeansJE

What did you name your layout in the designer. If you named it 1 then it should show. If you named it anything else then you need to change the 1 to whatever you named it.

thx bro..i finally found out...I saved in Hello.bal...no wonder...I thought it doesnt matter what name we saved the file..
so after I changed to Activity.LoadLayout("Hello"), it run accordingly..

thx again for the remind.. =):sign0089:

Upvote 0