B4R Question NodeMCU Wifi V3 CH340 (Solved)

jvrh_1

Licensed User
Hello,
I have made some apps using NodeMCU V2 WiFi Amica ESP8266 ESP-12 board but, in my last shopping, I got a NodeMCU Wifi V3 CH340 board because I did a mistake. ¿How I can install this board? When I look for it in the Arduino IDE, It does not appear. Thanks for you help. I know that several members of the forum is working with it.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Install the ch340 driver.

Upvote 0

jvrh_1

Licensed User
Install the ch340 driver.
I installed the ch340 driver:
INSTALACIÓN DRIVER.png

After, I checked If COM port is detected in arduino IDE: It is ok.
DETECCION PUERTO.png

But, I don’t know which card to use un B4R.
When I used my old board (NodeMCU V2 WiFi Amica ESP8266 ESP-12) I selected this:
NodeMCU V2 WiFi Amica ESP8266 ESP-12.png

But with the new board, I do not know. This is my new board:
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 10.35.00.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-17 at 10.34.59.jpeg

The B4R program write in the board (appears in the log), but the app does not work using the "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module)". Which card should appear in B4R interface?

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
The boards you see on B4R are the ones that Arduino sees. If it is not in Arduino then it will not also be in B4R and the oposite also is true. If it is, it will be in B4R. What you have to do is copy the name of your board from where you baught it and paste it in Google and write afterwards "download arduino json for this board". Then the rest is easy and you have done it again.

Upvote 0

jvrh_1

Licensed User
The boards you see on B4R are the ones that Arduino sees. If it is not in Arduino then it will not also be in B4R and the oposite also is true. If it is, it will be in B4R. What you have to do is copy the name of your board from where you baught it and paste it in Google and write afterwards "download arduino json for this board". Then the rest is easy and you have done it again.
Yes, but the .json is the same because I has got the same chip:

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you check if the esp8266 libraries you have, are in the latest edition? Also it might also help to use a previous version of the board for compilation. F.e. in my projects I use WeMos D1 Mini R3 but in B4R or Arduino I select WeMos D1 Mini R2.

Have a look also in this:

Upvote 0

jvrh_1

Licensed User
Can you check if the esp8266 libraries you have, are in the latest edition? Also it might also help to use a previous version of the board for compilation. F.e. in my projects I use WeMos D1 Mini R3 but in B4R or Arduino I select WeMos D1 Mini R2.

Have a look also in this:
Yes, I have the last version. Look:
actualizado.png

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
I installed the ch340 driver:

After, I checked If COM port is detected in arduino IDE: It is ok.

But, I don’t know which card to use un B4R.
When I used my old board (NodeMCU V2 WiFi Amica ESP8266 ESP-12) I selected this:
View attachment 145981
1.What logs is it doesn't work?
2. what is that the Board Type(Tipo de Tajeta) combox lists?
3. if there is Generic ESP8266 Module in list, try to select it.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0