iOS Question Non-Renewing - RestoreTransactions

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

This is a follow up to my other thread as I have a question about Non-Renewing Subscriptions - https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/non-renewable-subscription.104896/#content

Apple keeps rejecting my app and says I need to use Non-Renewing Subscriptions.

When the user first taps the button to subscribe to the Non-Renewing subscription it prompts for there password, which is fine and then the payment is made.

So far so good.

However, I want to make it so that the user can purchase it again the second time (eg. 2-3 days later)

When the user makes the Non-Renewing Subscription again the second time (using the same ProductID), it comes up saying "You've subscribed to this in the past, tap Buy to renew or extend this subscription".

Questions I have is:

1. If I run the code:
B4X:
MyStore.RestoreTransactions

Will that cancel the Non-Renewing Subscription, and when they purchase the Non-Renewing Subscription again it will no longer prompt the user about saying they have subscribed in the past?

2. Will it cancel the original payment and refund the user's payment method with the purchase since I restored the transaction, or will it never refund the purchase to the user, but just make the receipt say it was cancelled ?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Afaik, even if you cancel, it will say “you have purchased before” . It is the normal behaviour of non renewing.

Upvote 0