NotePad example

vidor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm a new user to the B4A and I'm loving this compiler. :)
I've made some simple applications and I can see the easy way to make those.
Is there any sample code or some example for a NotePad app. ?
I've made it in Java but I would like to make that in B4A too. :D
Thanks
Vidor

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can make a note pad app with nothing more than a text edit view and the ability to save and load files. The rest depends on what features you would like to add. Is there something in particular you are having trouble with?

Upvote 0

vidor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I managed to make a simple Note Pad, I can save, open files and it shows custom fonts.
The problem I'm struggling with, is to type from right to left, like in Hebrew.
I am using the old Sekel-Hungarian rune script, and this needs the right to left typing.
Some ideas from somebody?
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use a custom keyboard and custom edit boxes which let you control each character, including showing letters from right to left. See http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4andr.../11631-custom-keyboard-creator-interface.html and http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-share-your-creations/8931-hebrew-keyboard.html#post49639

Edit:
I should have added that the first link shows how to display characters (numbers, but could be alpha) from right to left like a calculator and the second link features a Hebrew keyboard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vidor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi again,

I've looked at all examples but I did not find what I need.
I am using a custom ttf file, and I want to reverse the text while typing.
For example: HELLO will type as OLLEH.
This could solve my problem.
If I use the hebrew examples, I get the HELLO text just justified to right.
Vidor

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I said before, the first link is to code which shows how to use a custom keyboard and custom "edit boxes" in which you have complete control over how text is displayed because each letter in the box goes in a separate label view.

If the user types "hello", you can display it as "olleh" or "h*e*l*l*o" or any other way you want to.

The app at that link does not specifically show how to take "hello" input and display it as "olleh", but writing the code to do that should be simple. All you have to do is change a few lines in Sub InsertCharacter to put the last character entered at the start of the previously entered text rather than at the end.

Upvote 0