NumUpDown control

davelew1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!
Can the NumUpDown control be used to increment and display numbers with a decimal point? I've had a play but nothing is obvious ...any ideas?
Dave Lewis.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Staright answer....NO

BUT you can use a combination of num control to create a decimal number...
like one to the hole number, one to 1/10ths and one th the 1/100... then combine the results

a=num1.value &","& num2.value & num3.value
suposing that the min is set to 0 and max to 9

If num1 = 5 and num2=4 and num3 = 2
a=5,42

Stellaferox

Licensed User
See also the code in this example, not yet finished under the control UNITS.
Marc

Attachments

• $PRNG.sbp
    9.5 KB · Views: 201

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here's a simple solution, I offered to someone in the old forum who wanted to increment in Tens...

Just overlay a TextBox over the NumUpDown control, now you can display in whatever units you want, you could even add a symbol if needed.

Attached is an example that counts in 0.1 increments, bet you can't spot any difference in operation to a normal NumUpDown control

Regards,
RandomCoder

Attachments

• Decimal NumUpDown.sbp
    461 bytes · Views: 230

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
bet you can't spot any difference in operation to a normal NumUpDown control
Well the text is grey and doesn't match other controls' text because the Textbox needs to be disabled and this automatically greys the text.

To REALLY make it look like a normal UpDown control leave the Textbox enabled and use a GotFocus event procedure to prevent user entry.
B4X:
Sub TextBox1_GotFocus
    Num1.Focus
End Sub

EDIT: Erel, if you read this, why do I get two GotFocus events in this situation? Without the Num1.Focus I get the single event I expect, if I call the .Focus method on any other control I get called twice!

Last edited:

davelew1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!
Thanks for the replies, Randomcoder your solution works find for me the fact that it's greyed out is a bonus.
Dave.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…