B4J Question Power BI

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good day everyone! Not sure if this is even the right place for this question, but here goes 🤔…

In my current analyst job for a diagnostics laboratory, my boss wants to do some data analysis and visualization… utilization, trends, target various metrics for profitability… you get the idea I’m sure.

We work with a lot of Microsoft tools: Office - mainly Excel and Access, for which I can use VBA behind the scenes or even perhaps create front end forms, etc using B4X. However, one tool my boss wants to utilize for its visualization and analysis tools is Power BI. As far as I can tell, Power BI only allows scripting via R or Python. Has anyone found a way to utilize the wonderful B4X ecosystem into something like Power BI?

Just doing some recon … while I am learning more Python in case that is my best option. Python isn’t hard, but it would be nice to stick with B4X and/or VBA.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, both R and Python are very popular to use for heavy-duty math thingies, which probably is why they are your options.

That said, it should be possible to launch an external process using Python. That could be a B4J app, I imagine.

(I have no actual experience of this, just talking about what seems reasonable.)

Upvote 0