Printing to USB printer

sconlon

Licensed User
Longtime User
Currently my app is running on an Android tablet and I am printing via Bluetooth to a receipt printer which works fine but sometimes fails to connect when the app is restarted. The tablet also has a (mini) USB port as does the printer so I thought it could be a more reliable way to print.

I've searched the forums for info on printing to a printer connected via USB and haven't found anything that really explains if it can be done and how to do it. Is it possible and if so how do I do it?

Ta.

sconlon

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using a small 72mm receipt printer that I got from China. It's a model SP-MPT-III from a company called Synco Technology Company and it works great and was quite inexpensive.

Upvote 0

majeed1352

Print

I'm using a small 72mm receipt printer that I got from China. It's a model SP-MPT-III from a company called Synco Technology Company and it works great and was quite inexpensive.

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to print on laser printer by tablet. Can you help me to do this?

thanx

Upvote 0

Pablo Torres

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I'm trying to print plain text from a tablet, but i haven't succeed yet, can you throw me some lines to help me? Thanks

Upvote 0

bashka_abdyli

Licensed User
Longtime User
Printing via USB is very interesting for me as well. I have managed to print to BT receipt printer, but printing to normal printer via USB is very interesting. As far as I know each printer has it's own codes (drivers), but printing generic text should be achievable.

Upvote 0

Pablo Torres

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did spent several hours "webbing" this issue, what I can say about is this:
1) The tablet MUST HAVE usb host mode, otherwise it will never connect
2) Plain text is very easy to print, just open a serial connection for the usb and send it, it works fine.
3) Canon, HP, Epson, Samsung, Zebra, Star and so many others printers manufacturing companies has made apps to print with their printers from an android device, so ... clearly it's possible.
4) Exist several apps in google play store to print by wifi, bluetooth, cloud or even usb, some of then are free, some others you have to pay, none of these are expensive (I think U$S 13 is the most expensive i founded) and before buying anything you can try them with your android device and your printer.

The goal will be to "create" a library for each brand (if it work for several brands will be better) that we can use in our projects to print, I don't mind to pay for it, if someone can do this it will be great, I can't, it's over my knowledge level
Thanks

Upvote 0