B4J Question Problem building Standalone Packages on Win11 ARM

avalle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone and happy new year!
I've setup B4J 10.0 on a new MacBook Pro with Apple M3 Max chip and VMware Fusion 13.5 running Windows 11 ARM and OpenJDK 14.0.1.

Everything seems to work like charm when compiling and running/debugging from the IDE, with the exception of a problem with Build Standalone Package.
The "exe" can be built successfully, but when I try to run it I get an error that the executable is incompatible with the version of Windows. Most likely because the packager generates a 64bit EXE while Windows 11 ARM can only run 32bit EXE.

Windows Defender also believes the EXE contains a virus so it immediately deletes the file.

I've seen multiple threads about running JAR executables on Win11 ARM, but none of them seem to be the authoritative source.
Can someone please clarify the available options to execute B4J JARs on Windows 11 ARM?

Thanks
Andrea

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I remember it was a topic about Java error of Win11 version recognition. Maybe is it a reason ?

The link shows that it seems fixed at Java 18. I guess, it needs to compile using SDK 19+

Upvote 0