RSAndEngine Public Release

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
logo.png

(Image belongs to Nicolas Gramlich)

AndEngine for Basic4Android.

AndEngine is a set of libraries, made by Nicolas Gramlich, made to program 2D videogames for android devices through the OpenGL ES 2.0 technology. It is easy to use, has multiple features and is open source!

I. Introduction

These past few weeks I have been working on a port of one of the most popular and powerful game engines for Android. AndEngine.
My port, RSAndEngine (RootSoft AndEngine) wraps this library and makes tons of methods available to the B4A platform,
which makes Basic4Android even more powerful then it was before.
Making games with or without Basic4Android has never been easier!

II. Tutorial

You can find the RSAndEngine tutorial here:
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/rsandengine-tutorial.30901/#content

III. Download

You can download RSAndEngine here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/16oroxpky39xuhc/RSAndEngine.zip?m

Extract the libraries and put them in your additional library folder.
Then download the attachments in this thread and copy them to your additional library folder too.

IV. Version

The current version can be found here:
http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/rsandengine-tutorial.30901/#post-179698

Note that we are still in a final beta version and the first update that will come will be in end september/begin october. I haven't had time so far to release it

V. Donation

I planned to make RSAndEngine a chargeable library because it took me blood, sweat and tears to make ( :p ), but after consideration, I came to the conclusion to make this library for free and share it with the community because B4A doesn't have a game framework/engine yet, and i just love this community. :eek:

However, I'm open for donations, and anyone can support me by donating any amount of money to my Paypal address. It can be found in my signature below.

Kind regards and happy game development,
Tomas

Attachments

• Library.zip
    158 KB · Views: 767

Malky

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried these demo's on my phone and my tablet and they still don't work?

Initially the screen goes mental, settles down, then the game starts but nothing works? The character can move on the tablet, but hits 'invisible' things so I have to jump.

On the phone, it's the same at start up with the screen and once it settles, I can move in one, but collision detection is all off and I can't move past something I've already jumped apparently?

Is this actually worth using? I would dearly like to get something working and I've even created sprites with animation etc thinking this would work?

Malky

ppgirl

Licensed User
Longtime User
After "Flappy Bird" become hot game , I start to study Andengine.

I have try your Library and Sample code , and found many problems -

1. Samsung S3 - Android 4.1 OK
2. Lenovo A850 - Android 4.2 OK
3. ZTE U880 - Android 2.2.2 NG - It will cause kinds of error

Run sample "Mario"

** Service (gameservice) Start **
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
Engine Options created.
Started.
Engine Options created.
Started.
Stopped
Create Resources

Multitouch is supported! :D

Library loaded!

Create scene

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at org.andengine.opengl.vbo.attribute.VertexBufferObjectAttributeFix.glVertexAttribPointer(VertexBufferObjectAttributeFix.java:39)
at org.andengine.opengl.vbo.attribute.VertexBufferObjectAttributes.glVertexAttribPointers(VertexBufferObjectAttributes.java:50)
at org.andengine.opengl.shader.ShaderProgram.bind(ShaderProgram.java:126)
at org.andengine.opengl.shader.PositionTextureCoordinatesShaderProgram.bind(PositionTextureCoordinatesShaderProgram.java:86)
at org.andengine.opengl.vbo.VertexBufferObject.bind(VertexBufferObject.java:162)
at org.andengine.opengl.texture.TextureWarmUpVertexBufferObject.warmup(TextureWarmUpVertexBufferObject.java:97)
at org.andengine.opengl.texture.TextureManager.updateTextures(TextureManager.java:257)
at org.andengine.engine.Engine.onDrawFrame(Engine.java:613)
at org.andengine.opengl.view.EngineRenderer.onDrawFrame(EngineRenderer.java:105)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1332)
at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1116)
Caused by: org.andengine.util.exception.AndEngineRuntimeException: Inherently incompatible device detected.
at org.andengine.opengl.GLES20Fix.<clinit>(GLES20Fix.java:39)
... 11 more
Populate scene

sending message to waiting queue (CallSubDelayed - Close)

Stopped
4. Bluestacks APP Player (beta1) - Android 2.3.4 NG - It will cause kinds of error

Run sample "Mario"

Create Resources
Multitouch is supported! :D
gameservice_loadphysicsworld (java line: 234)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load library: reloc_library[1521]: 491 unknown reloc type 22 @ ( 0)
at java.lang.Runtime.load(Runtime.java:394)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:534)
at com.rootsoft.rsandengine.RSAndPhysicsWorld.Initialize(RSAndPhysicsWorld.java:62)
at com.rootsoft.rsandenginemario.gameservice._loadphysicsworld(gameservice.java:234)
at com.rootsoft.rsandenginemario.gameservice._andengine_loadresources(gameservice.java:148)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:170)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$2.run(BA.java:277)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3683)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:880)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:638)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
** Activity (main) Resume **
** Service (gameservice) Create **
** Service (gameservice) Start **
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
Engine Options created.
Started.

I want know whether you are developing the library , need your help very !

BR,

Yang

Malky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the developer still reading this considering the questions?

I believe I have the required libraries installed in the additional libraries folder.

In the Mario demo for example I have RSAndEngine V1.04 checked.

Am I missing something?

Malky

JohannieD

Did anyone download the library files from the link in Section III of this post when it was still working.. the other links only contain incomplete files. I am busy porting an andengine project to B4A and could probably get some insight from those files