SD Card fix partition table?

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

my main SD Card had an error today!

I was about to put my ad card into my pocket pc and i saw there were no files on it.
I checked the formatting but it still brought the settings i formattetd it with, so i couldnt have formatted it accidentally.

I fear that the partition table got broken for some reason.

Is there any program to repair it?

I know that there a re file recovery tool, but they can just recover images or avi videos.
i dont need that cuz my main focus is on all the b4p projects and exe applications i havent backed up yet.

Please help me :sign0148:

Christian

MM2forever

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could try R- Studio. Data Recovery Demo and File Recovery trial software download I haven't used it but with luck your SD card is/was FAT formatted and the demo version will recover files up to 64KB which would recover quite a large B4ppc source file. If it does work and you need to recover larger files then R-Studio FAT is only $50 which you may think is worth it. There are others around - Google for "data recovery" or "file recovery". In future remember to backup regularly!

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your hint!
The R-Studio was very helpful - i recoverd 90% of my data :sign0060:

I thought the loss could never happen *to me* (it worked fine for over a year) so I did not back it up regulary.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought the loss could never happen *to me*
That's what everybody thinks until it *does* happen to them. I'm glad you got most of your data back and hope you have now learnt the importance of regular backups. I keep two, or even three, separate backups of anything important, particularly irreplaceable things like digital camera pictures of the grandchildren growing up.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…