SD Card fix partition table?

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

my main SD Card had an error today!

I was about to put my ad card into my pocket pc and i saw there were no files on it.
I checked the formatting but it still brought the settings i formattetd it with, so i couldnt have formatted it accidentally.

I fear that the partition table got broken for some reason.

Is there any program to repair it?

I know that there a re file recovery tool, but they can just recover images or avi videos.
i dont need that cuz my main focus is on all the b4p projects and exe applications i havent backed up yet.

Please help me :sign0148:

Christian

MM2forever

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could try R- Studio. Data Recovery Demo and File Recovery trial software download I haven't used it but with luck your SD card is/was FAT formatted and the demo version will recover files up to 64KB which would recover quite a large B4ppc source file. If it does work and you need to recover larger files then R-Studio FAT is only $50 which you may think is worth it. There are others around - Google for "data recovery" or "file recovery". In future remember to backup regularly!

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your hint!
The R-Studio was very helpful - i recoverd 90% of my data :sign0060:

I thought the loss could never happen *to me* (it worked fine for over a year) so I did not back it up regulary.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought the loss could never happen *to me*
That's what everybody thinks until it *does* happen to them. I'm glad you got most of your data back and hope you have now learnt the importance of regular backups. I keep two, or even three, separate backups of anything important, particularly irreplaceable things like digital camera pictures of the grandchildren growing up.