B4J Question (share)Simple way to print a PDF-file without the save-dialog

eric19740521

Licensed User
Longtime User
Share. Find a way on the web....

jFX8Print/HtmltoPDF/WebPrint ....Save the file as, there will be a prompt to save?
How can I save the file directly without the prompt screen??
I found the following method that can be used...

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can try Bullzip it obviously requires configuration in a separate options app (which it says you can do via the command line, but I haven't looked at that), once configured it can print without asking the user. There may be other drivers available that do the same. Search for Silent PDF printer driver. I don't know if it installs any bloat ware, there doesn't appear to be anything obvious.

Specify the FileName as D:\<smarttitle>.pdf or wherever you want to save it, and set the job name in your app with PJ.GetJobSettings.SetJobName("Test1.pdf")

There appear to be a lot of options for configuring what the user will or won't see, I can't see a way to disable the created notification, but I've only been looking at it for 2 minutes.

Do check the licensing before using in a commercial app, it does seem fairly flexible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eric19740521

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no way for it to work properly(Bullzip PDF Printer ). I used the following instead(PDF Architect 8)

Upvote 0