Android Question SLC - Compile project error - Access to the path ... is denied

mfstuart

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get this error when Compiling the FirstLib.java (which comes with the SLC download):

B4X:
Starting step: Compiling Java code.
Completed successfully.
Starting step: Creating jar file.
Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Additional Libraries\FirstLib.jar' is denied.
Error.

The path is not my current folder. That is the old 32bit B4A version.
The folder I use for B4A is the 64bit version which is in the C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\B4A
I've searched the registry for "Anywhere" and did not find an entry, as referenced in a post about SLC.
My B4A Additional Libraries folder is D:\B4A\Additional Libraries and is set in the IDE Configure Paths option. Same with B4J: D:\B4J\Additional Libraries
So I'm not sure why SLC is referencing the path above.
To copy the FirstLib.jar file to the Additional Libraries folder?

SLC is installed on D:\SimpleLibraryCompiler

How do I make the SLC software to reference the Additional Libraries folder correctly?
And why is SLC referencing B4J and not B4A folders?

Thanx,
Mark Stuart

drgottjr

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
your additional libraries folders (for b4a or b4j) shouldn't be where the core files are located.

there are 2 SLC's: 1 for b4a and 1 for b4j. you might be using the wrong one. SLC (either version) will use the paths previously configured in the applicable IDE. if i use SLC for b4a, the resultant .jar goes where i keep my b4a additional libraries. if i use SLC for b4j, the .jar is saved where my b4j additional libraries are kept.

Upvote 0

mfstuart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanx jahswant, that worked.
drgottjr - I searched on SLC and downloaded the first find. I didn't know there were 2 versions of the same app. Will have to get that resolved.

Upvote 0

mfstuart

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I figured that out after awhile. The B4A executable isn't named the same or similar as the B4J, which obviously is noticeable. So I renamed the B4A exe with "B4A_" prepended to it.

Upvote 0