Android Question [SOLVED] False positiv from avast scan

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

I got 2 mails today from users of my app complaining that the app has malware. It comes the message :
1677698943791.png

Apparently there is a "false positive" message with "Avast Mobile". I then uploaded the .apk file to https://www.virustotal.com/ and got the following message. All other 63 scans were without findings.

1677698901937.png

I have now written to Avast and hope for clarification of the case.
But does anyone have similar experiences and maybe even already a solution ?

David

Solution
Hello,

I have now found the solution to the problem after all. But maybe the thread will help others anyway.

I have now test deactivated the library "FirebaseAnalytics" and uploaded it again at VirusTotal.com. Now the detection in "Avast Mobile" no longer throws an alarm.
Thanks JohnC for your support.

David

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe if you have the "NET" library (1.81) included in your app, it will cause this.

Upvote 0

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the quick reply.
How can I check this ? Only "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Targeting Pack (ENU)" and "Microsoft .NET SDK 7.0.102 (x64) from Visual Studio" is installed on the system.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I meant is that within the B4A IDE with your project loaded, you probably have the "NET" android library checked in the Library manager tab (this is different from Microsoft NET).

Having the NET library inside your B4A app will cause this to happen.

If you don't need the NET lib in your app, uncheck it and recompile, then upload to the website for scanning and it should no longer report that virus signature.

Upvote 0

davfla

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have now found the solution to the problem after all. But maybe the thread will help others anyway.

I have now test deactivated the library "FirebaseAnalytics" and uploaded it again at VirusTotal.com. Now the detection in "Avast Mobile" no longer throws an alarm.
Thanks JohnC for your support.

David

Upvote 0
Solution