Android Question [Solved]How to Integrate FullScreen Video on SMM and BBcodeview Environment

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Before bringing this question here, i have tried to adapt fullscreen video sample code for b4xpages and others found in this forum without success. I attached sample working code of video in BBcodeview below to reduce time for whoever wants to help me out. One video is from online and other is from dirasset called 2.mp4. To avoid uploading issue, i removed 2.mp4, kindly rename any .mp4 video to "2", and put in file folder. My two questions are
1. I will like someone to help me add switching into fullscreen video mode and its label on the SMM videos in BBcodeview (attahed)
2. How can one refresh SMM online video that fails to start after timeout without refreshing entire page of multiple videos? Or will on need to reload such video again ?

Attachments

• b4xsmmbbcodeviewfullscreen.zip
    252.1 KB · Views: 60
Solution
Before bringing this question here, i have tried to adapt fullscreen video sample code for b4xpages and others found in this forum without success. I attached sample working code of video in BBcodeview below to reduce time for whoever wants to help me out. One video is from online and other is from dirasset called 2.mp4. To avoid uploading issue, i removed 2.mp4, kindly rename any .mp4 video to "2", and put in file folder. My two questions are
1. I will like someone to help me add switching into fullscreen video mode and its label on the SMM videos in BBcodeview (attahed)
2. How can one refresh SMM online video that fails to start after timeout without refreshing entire page of multiple videos? Or will on need to reload such video...

Mariano Ismael Castro

Licensed User
2. How can one refresh SMM online video that fails to start after timeout without refreshing entire page of multiple videos? Or will on need to reload such video again ?
Based on this example (with minor modifications) and the example you uploaded, I have attached a possible solution to your problem.

Attachments

• ExamplemanySMMvideos.zip
    254.9 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: omo
Upvote 1
Solution

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Whaoo! You made it simple and straight forward. Thank you so much, it works

Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
When i cooled down to adapt this solution, i found out two problems with it which i will raise another thread for:
1. It does not work with online video, but works well with local video. No fullscreen display label on online video like URL provided below. Fullscreen display label works well with dirasset video. Anyone that intends to solve this can use link below to see what i am saying based on solution provided here
B4X:
MediaManager.SetMediaWithExtra(Pnl1, "https://player.vimeo.com/external/354886143.hd.mp4?s=2e182d1b22282a63a9533ffda5bb0b2295cdb8e6&profile_id=175","video/*",CreateMap(MediaManager.REQUEST_CALLBACK: Me))

2. It does not work with multiple videos at a time, i tried building subroutine to make it work with multiple videos at a time with no success. I tried different ways to make it work with multiple videos at a time. Anyone that intends to solve this can duplicate two videos here to make it four or five and see if all the videos will display Fullscreen display label at a time.
I will try and raise thread on that later

Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Certainly the label was only on the local video (panel2). The idea was to demonstrate the full screen function.
Try this other example that I attached.
You made this thing look so simple. I was just thinking i will need to raize another thread for that problem by linking to it here. I tested with five videos at a go and it worked well. I will keep the two solutions. All problems in #5 have been solved.
Thank you so much @ Mariano Ismael Castro

Upvote 0