Android Question [SOLVED] Library XnGrid hide column

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear colleagues

I have been using this library Grid/Table and ListView Library since 2015 in my B4A projects.

I need to be able to create a column that is hide to the user.

This is my code to create the column:

cc(0).Initialize2 ( "Cod" , "codb" , 50dip , Gravity.CENTER_VERTICAL + Gravity.CENTER_HORIZONTAL)
gg.ColAppend ( cc(0) )

I can't make it hide to the user.

I thank you in advance for your valuable collaboration.

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
My dear colleagues

I have already found the solution to the problem, it is just to set the width of the column in DPI to zero, with that it is now hidden.

The code is:

cc(0).Initialize2 ( "Cod" , "codb" , 0dip , Gravity.CENTER_VERTICAL + Gravity.CENTER_HORIZONTAL)
gg.ColAppend ( cc(0) )

Thank you very much to all.

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much to all.
You are using a library that is 12 years old (half @Alexander Stolte 's age). Since you are a professor, wouldn't your students benefit more from the many recent B4X cross platforms libraries and classes that probably can do what that library does and much more. What you are using was great in its old days, but I can cite the new such as xCustomlistview, B4XTable, Flexible Table, SD FlexGrid and others. Probably finding the time may be the problem. Teachers these days not only have the responsibility to teach , but also act as parents to the students in the classroom.

Upvote 0

Bladimir Silva Toro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear

Yes indeed, when as a teacher I teach my students with new libraries such as B4XTable.

But when you are a developer with a mobile application with more than 100 Layout designs that grows every day, then you have to think about making that change that will logically take me a long time as a developer.

I'm still thinking about it...

Upvote 0