Longtime User
Hello,
after installed lates version 10.60 B4A
I have this problem while compiling my app :

B4A Versione: 10.60
Organizzazione Librerie. (0.00s)
(AndroidX SDK)
Generazione file R. Error
c:\android\sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\savedstate\savedstate\1.1.0\unpacked-savedstate-1.1.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected
c:\android\sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\lifecycle\lifecycle-viewmodel\2.3.0\unpacked-lifecycle-viewmodel-2.3.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected
c:\android\sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\androidx\lifecycle\lifecycle-runtime\2.3.0\unpacked-lifecycle-runtime-2.3.0\res\values\values.xml:3: error: Found tag id where item is expected

Any idea ?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh God! Not another! I guess you didn't read the instructions. Read this thread

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One of these is the culprit, but only with some projects (not all of them). Actually I believe that it's the androidx.savestate......, I'll test it tomorrow as I was getting savestate issues after the update.

Anyway, I went back to a backup yesterday as I always backup my whole system once or twice a week, my code is backed up every hour.

You can download copy and paste the resources folder back over your old resources folder and everything starts working again, but once you install the recommended updates again, some projects just breaks again, oh well...

1613167629710.png

Upvote 0