Taxation

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

There was once a thread abut this but i couldnt find with search. Does apple handle all the taxation on behalf of us ?

For example i am selling a applicaiton from Turkey. I dont have to pay tax for foreign sales but if i sell within Turkey i have to pay VAT. Does Apple handle this or i should pay the tax myself ? I am investigating the issue with google for hours but i couldnt find a specific info. I would be happy if you can help

ty

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I did some more investigation about the issue i leanred that with apple , we sell our products to apple and apple sells to 3rd parties. So we dont have to do anything about vat ( not talking about developers in eu because apple is in luxembourg and it is a member of eu ). can you confirm ?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in Europe VAT is usually dropped when doing B2B sales between eurpean countries.

not sure how it is in the app world tho as the reseller is making the rules it seems.

I wonder why Apple is applying the same amount for $ & €, it's not 1/1 equal so they gain profit there aswell due to false currency convertions (read none)