Translation services: Software for Ham radio and Electronics Design Software

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Developers,

I've been a member of this forum and using Anywhere Software RAD systems for many years. I'm about to embark on a secondary career to supplement my income once becoming a pensioner which unfortunately is too soon. Yes, I know it is difficult to gain income with the current software market and low margins unless you are a large corporation or making the new HOT game software but I'm willing to give it a go to keep myself busy.

I have a number of software products that are ready for market and I need translation services for various languages. I'm quite willing to pay for these translation services as long as they are reasonable of course. I have looked at Google translator but am uncomfortable with its results and presenting them to the app users.

It would be beneficial if you are bilingual (English --- other language) in order to understand the phrasing context. Additionally, it would also be helpful if you understand electronics and amateur radio terminology with regards to antennas and electronic circuits.

Languages that I am looking for as translations are:

French (I'm Canadian but would prefer true French versus Quebec French, as Quebec French has it's own dialect peculiarities I thing ... no hate mail please),
German,
Spanish,
Italian,
Russian,
Dutch,
Hebrew,
Portuguese,
Japanese,
Chinese,
Australian ... just kidding, or not,
Others? Grateful for some input.

Please contact me by PM if you are interested with your fee to provide this service? I will provide you with an excel spreadsheet with the phrasing requiring translation as well a description of context in how the phrase is used once we discuss and agree with your terms and other details.

I would be grateful if you have any other suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

John

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi John,

My opinion is that there is still a lot of kick left in one at 65 - pension is just a new season in one's life where you can get stuff at discounted prices !!.

I make a good living out of the B4X suite. Integration between platforms my main form of business.

Pertaining to languages, there is Afrikaans and another language we use here locally called Sefrican where a Robot is actually a Traffic Light !!

Enjoy your new season and go kick some A.......

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello John,
I've started a private conversation with you.

Regards,
Sergio.