Share My Creation Trumpify yourself!! (previous Dark side mirror [With source code] )

2016/11/11

Hi all. After the recent US never ending campaign and elections, and decided to modify the app I made one year ago, and convert it into a "Trumpify yourself" using the front camera (if your device allows it, read the original post regarding limitations)

I only upload the apk. The source code is very much the same as the original one (the one attached) , with some minor modifications:

> New bitmaps (they may have copyright, only used for demo purposes)
> A dirty trick to "orangify" the detected face :D

As with the previous version, the code performance depends totally on the device's camera facedetection capability, which in some cases,is really good, in other cases works just regular, whilst some devices don't have this capability.

Just test it, try to imitate Donald's gestures :D, and have fun!

dt.png

-------EDIT-------

Attached new "refined" version and source code ;) (min api required: 14)
It is still possible that it will not work in your device, due to not having facedetection capability in the front cam or other issues, perhaps a mistake from my part.

To modify it you will need a good understanding of camera library, also canvas, scaling and imageviews.

You will need to place the library files included in your additional libraries folder

(Please don't publish a version with the graphics that I include as an example :eek:)

Don't forget to click your screen to change effect!!

--------------------

This is a present to all of you, who, having been in the dark side and knowing that the force is in you.... they just don't take you seriously at home :D

It uses the front cam and will only work in devices which have face recognition. What's more, perhaps having it, it will not work at all. It's just a test and possibly needs tunning

Please report back if you enjoy it or simply does not work (will also be helpful). Will share source code soon when it is more "refined"

hood.png

(PS: if you click the screen, you will have "colored" versions of your dark side )

Attachments

• Darkforce2.apk
    444.3 KB · Views: 339
  • DarkForce.zip
    315.1 KB · Views: 476
  • Darkforce_Trumpify.apk
    393.8 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi JordiCP
Thanks for sharing and I will test it.. a little more information will help though.. operation and a few screenshots.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks!;)

There's no operation involved. If it works on your phone, just stand in front of your front cam, and it will reflect your image with some "changes".

But I have only tested it on one phone (the other one I have does not support face recongnition), so it is quite possible that I am not compensating rotation and coordinate traslation correctly for all phones

Screenshot_2016-01-02-09-30-25.png

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tested the app ...and it is interesting ...and more that that it works
I have seen the green reflection , second time i opened the app it was white
if I increase the distance between me and the camera it starts to blink but I think this is not a problem ...
Your app might have the thing that common users like and that represents a big percent of android market

Let me know when you release the app , i will be glad to post a review over your app
Good luck

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On my nexus 5 (6.01) it starts but after few seconds there is an error in java line 210 saying that a javaobject should be init.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have seen the green reflection , second time i opened the app it was white
if I increase the distance between me and the camera it starts to blink but I think this is not a problem ...
Your app might have the thing that common users like and that represents a big percent of android market
Thanks for testing! In the cases where frontcam facedetection is available, depending on how the manufacturer implemented it (and image conditions), the "detection" can "jump" from one zone to the other until it converges, if it finally does...

On my nexus 5 (6.01) it starts but after few seconds there is an error in java line 210 saying that a javaobject should be init.
Thanks for reporting! I have protected some cases which could lead to similar bugs

Now finishing a version which should work in most devices (which have facedetection capability)

stari

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
on my Samsung GT-P7100, android 4.0.4, i see both pictures, but only for 1/2 seconf, then i get error
(Error occurred on line: 335 (CameraExClass)
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
On HTC Sensation, Android 4.0.3, aplication don't work. I see camera picture in small window, but nothing in other window. No error .
On HTC Desire, Android 5.0.2, all is OK.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Tested it with Samsung S5 lollipop. And it works :cool:
Glad you liked it! Just for fun

Hi,
on my Samsung GT-P7100, android 4.0.4, i see both pictures, but only for 1/2 seconf, then i get error
(Error occurred on line: 335 (CameraExClass)
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
On HTC Sensation, Android 4.0.3, aplication don't work. I see camera picture in small window, but nothing in other window. No error .
On HTC Desire, Android 5.0.2, all is OK.
Thanks for testing

There are devices which don't support facedetection, and I wasn't testing it, so it is a bug to solve
Even in devices that support it, I have seen that some of them only detect with the rear camera but will detect nothing with the front one

I have modified the project to work with android facedetector API, which should be compatible with all versions regardless hardware camera specs. But at the moment it is quite slow and not totally reliable (sometimes it detects a book that is behind me instead of my face :D)

Seems that the way to go would be OpenCV or this. I have started looking into the later

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Made a minor modification to convert this app into "Trumpify yourself", just for fun . APK uploaded to the first post

(still using camera facedetection capability, so it may not work correctly, or at all with some devices, sorry)

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Made a minor modification to convert this app into "Trumpify yourself", just for fun . APK uploaded to the first post

(still using camera facedetection capability, so it may not work correctly, or at all with some devices, sorry)
You should publish it full of ads, sell something in it and make billions $$$ :)