Twin runtime-generated tables with diferent behaviours

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,....

I have two twin runtime-generated tables...
This is their runtime-generation code:
B4X:
   AddTable("Panel2","Table1",100,100,400,250)
   Table1.AddCol(cString, "Entidade",0)
   Table1.AddCol(cString, "Equipamento", 198)
   Table1.AddCol(cString, "N.Serie", 198)
   Table1.HeaderVisible=False
   AddEvent("Table1", SelectionChanged, "Main.Table1_SelectionChanged")
B4X:
   AddTable("Panel3","Table2",100,150,400,200)
   Table2.AddCol(cString, "Equipamento", 99)
   Table2.AddCol(cString, "N.Serie", 99)
   Table2.AddCol(cString, "DataSaida",0)
   Table2.AddCol(cString, "Tecnico",99)
   Table2.AddCol(cString, "Ord.Trab",99)
   Table2.HeaderVisible=False
   AddEvent("Table2", SelectionChanged, "Main.Table2_SelectionChanged")
The only diference is the number of collums added to the tables...
The issue is that, table1.headervisible=false woks fine, BUT, table2.headervisible does nothing...WHY?!?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried it but no luck there!
Here's my complete code WITHOUT ANY DLL!!!

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think it is as I said. You are building the Tables before displaying the Form and so the tables don't necessarily exist to have their headers hidden. Try putting a temporary Button on the form that hides the headers when it is pressed. I think you will find that that works so you will need to find a way to hide the headers after doing FormEx.Run. Putting it in App_Start after the Run won't work for a FormEx because the Run only returns to App_Start after the application is closed so any code after Run only gets executed as the program dies.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have placed it in the Select Case (lines 52 to 106 of the Main Module) wich gets trigered upon a Slider button gets clicked, so all the controls are created by then...and it didn't work!

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm afraid that I don't have time to locate and download those other libraries but it has got to be some sort of timing/control existence problem. If you can't sort it then if you post a stripped down version that demonstrates the problem without using all those libraries I'll take another look.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
OK I got it working. I think it is a timing thing about when the Table control is actually built and what state it thinks the state of its header visibility is.

If you remove the line Table2.HeaderVisible=False from Components.Initialize and put it instead after Case "button2" it works OK.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Andrew!!!

I had tried that, but I didn't remove it from the components module, so it didn't work...
I will be posting this as a bug, since if both lines are present, the prop is ignored, even thou they are the same!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…