Visual Studio Experts , need help

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

For the previous 3 days I am trying to build a solution in visual studio. First I used cmake on a downloaded github project to create visual studio files , than I open the created sln file to build my solution but everytime i try it , it always cant find the include files altough all the files are there. It gives error for almost every include file, it is obvious that it looks at the wrong place, checked the internet everybody says to modify project options for c++ directories , I added those dirs manually still no luck.

Do you have any suggestions ? or if someone is experinced about this stuff i can give teamviewer info if hes has time to check.

Thanks

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's been a while since I used VS but doesn't it work if you just copy it to the project folder and "mark" them to copy the files during compilation?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's been a while since I used VS but doesn't it work if you just copy it to the project folder and "mark" them to copy the files during compilation?
It is the first time I am using it so Just adding them to project folder is ok but dont know how to mark them during compilation.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It doesnt seem so easy to fix this , I dont know why it cant find the files that is already there.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in the file explorer (on the right?) you can click your include file and a drop down menu will appear there where you can select to copy it or not.

also how does the code reference to the file?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is no option to copy or not, the file structure is complicated but for example in the code that gives error :
#include "IBlockchainExplorer.h"

I am putting the h file is the same folder with the project but it still gives this error.

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to do MAIUSC + ALT + A
or Project > Add existing element
As i remember simply coping the file doesn't work