What to use for printing reports

MarcRB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

For the program that I'm going to develop, I do need some way to print an Invoice directly from the Windows Mobile app to a mobile (Bluetooth) printer. What is a good starting point?

HTML (How to limit the page size) ?? RTF ?? Graphips lib ??
Is PDF possible ??
Please point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.
Marc

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It all depends upon what printing protocol the printer expects. You will have to produce the byte stream yourself to send to the printer through the Bluetooth serial port. Plain text might be quite easy but anything more ambitious will be trickier unless the printer manfacturer has some sort of driver that will run on a Windows Mobile device, and even then you would need a library to interface your Basic4ppc program to the driver.

MarcRB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, the printer manufactor (HP) supports a driver. I believe I can print from the mobile browser and MS Pocket Word.:)Tomorrow I can test this because the device isn't here right now.

If it can print, what is a good way to create a good looking well layed-out page? RTF, HTML, drawing in canvas ???
Maybe you can point me to an example ?
It is not a big problem to launch a default application for the actually printing work.

Best Regards,
Marc