Where to promote my app

carchek

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi!
Where could I advertise my application, so I get more downloads? Admob?

Thanks,
carchek

robife

Licensed User
Longtime User
Pozdrav carcheck
I did promote my app in admob so far.
I read somewhere that some other pay a lot more and they have better service.

Srecno

IanMc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Google Play Store

Then it really helps to experiment with changing the name and category.

John H. Guillory

Licensed User
Longtime User
Amazon can be really phinicky, I don't have experience with the others. I do know I submitted my app to google playstore yesterday and it went later that day. I sent one to Amazon, they demanded my free app have more screens and features. They kept demanding so many features I got fed up with them and decided they didn't need my app? The rest of the markets, I only recognize GetJar. There's also 1Market. Only reason I know those two is a tablet we was looking at doesn't come with the play store, but 1market and getjar. From what I've seen, 1Market is not worth my time. (from a user's point of view, not developer's point). Granted, depending on your app, if your wanting to target a young kid who has a tablet their parents bought cheap and doesn't have playstore capability, 1market and getjar might be right for you! ;-)

siddsg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been promoting my app (free) for last couple of weeks and been getting some downloads.
This is a GPS app, so I've used various travel and trekking forums in addition to the android forums. After blogging on these sites, I saw a noticeable improvement in downloads. Though not huge, its a decent no and since its a free app, I'm happy.
My next app will be a paid app so this was just a trial run.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…