WinMo 'special' Paths (%CE1..20%)

Does anybody know how any of these paths can be deduced from within Basic4PPC?

I am very reluctant to hard coede any "Windows\Start Menu" paths, since I believe these can be affected by locale... therefore would prefer to use an official way to deduce those paths.

I am porting code from Mortscript, having determined that Basic is slightly more flexible for my tools...
Sadly, I can't find any reference to these special paths in the documentation.

Any help would be very welcome!

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a way in .NET on a device to find the ApplicationData, Personal, Programs, StartMenu, and Startup folders. It is probably a good idea to add some of these to my FilesEx library but you will have to purchase basic4ppc to get access to these additional libraries (of which there are lots - many written by me :)).

There is a way in .NET on a device to find the ApplicationData, Personal, Programs, StartMenu, and Startup folders. It is probably a good idea to add some of these to my FilesEx library but you will have to purchase basic4ppc to get access to these additional libraries (of which there are lots - many written by me :)).

I am having a good look at the registry to see if I can spot an entry holding the paths... for the moment, I only need the startmenu folder... but I suspect other developers might want a more comprehensive list. That said, nobody else seems to have asked the question, so maybe nobody else cares! ;-)

many are under HKLM\System\Explorer, but not the Start Menu grrr

Last edited:

sitajony

Licensed User
On the Hardware library there're already the special folders paths...
hw.GetSpecialFolder(hw.sfStartMenu) etc...