[Wish] mp3 tag editor lib

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys....

Been looking for a lib for mp3 tag editing, cover art included..
I found this lib....
The .net libs were a lot easier than java ones...I was hopping someone could wrapp this one for us... the less enligthed.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Editing the cover art is a must for my project.... any possibility of wrapping the lib i linked to in my first post?

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately not at the moment.
However, you could try and wrap one yourself.
I don't think it should be that hard to port wrap this library.

B4X:
AudioFile audioFile = AudioFileIO.read(testFile);
Tag newTag = audioFile.getTag();
newTag.setField(FieldKey.ALBUM,"October");
newTag.setField(FieldKey.ARTIST,"U2");
audioFile.commit();

id3 - JAudioTagger and Android - Change a value in an mp3? - Stack Overflow

Roger Garstang

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are 2-3 different versions/levels of tags too. First level is limited, static length and easy to create yourself with basic file knowledge. Second is a little harder, but almost as easy. I haven't found much on Album Art although that would be a plus for me too. Even though the files are bigger I like having the artwork in the file itself. I buy a lot of music from Amazon lately and found that I have to get the songs one at a time to get it in the file...getting the whole album in one requests makes the lame jpg files. I think WinAmp just released some Album art editor on their Android app, but I haven't had much time lately to play with it.

Djembefola

Licensed User
Longtime User
Editing the cover art is a must for my project....

This b4a class can be a good starting point for your project:

ID3 Class

with the .GetBitmap method of this class you can extract all attached images from an mp3 file. Saving a bitmap is not yet implemented but it should not be too hard to extend the class with a .SaveBitmap Method.