Advertisements in your app

splatt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Disappearing Ads

It's an interesting question, re: adverts, because if people expect apps for free, there has to be some sort of revenue stream available to developers, otherwise the Apps market is not sustainable, except on a 'hobby' basis.

I've not looked into Admob, etc, but perhaps an option would be to have an Admob panel visible at the start of a session, but when the user clicks on an ad, hide the panel and reclaim the screen space for your app?

This way, the user gets the app free of ads for the rest of the session and we earn our $0,01.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've not looked into Admob, etc, but perhaps an option would be to have an Admob panel visible at the start of a session, but when the user clicks on an ad, hide the panel and reclaim the screen space for your app?

This way, the user gets the app free of ads for the rest of the session and we earn our $0,01.
From a developers point, that does sound very clever.
But from the negative attitude towards ads by most users, I dont think they will be very happy to be 'forced' to click on the ad.
Personally I dont think it is a big sacrifice to make for the developer, it just takes 2 seconds, but people are heavily biased against it. At the end of the day it is the devs choice, he has to eat food, but I have seen a lot of hatemail when people are forced into clicking an ad.
However, this does seem to get around the issue of Admob's terms because 'technically' you arent forcing anyone to click on the ads!

adamioan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good point, that could be a triple-side solution for everyone; developer, AdMob and user.