Share My Creation Game: Time Drop (20 minigames)

Here is a game I have developed using Basic4Android. This is my first app made ever, with only novice knowledge of VBA from before

Game Drop consists of 20 different games which the player will be challenged in randomly. Target is to manage each game for up to 60 seconds

promo2.jpg

Try it out
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensationapps.timedroplight
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensationapps.timedrop

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Time-Drop/1460697080846496

Attachments

• Facebook profile2.png
    Facebook profile2.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 4,085
Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
here we go... :)

the text in/on the buttons can't be seen completely on my phone (240x400) it seem the label height is not big enough.

at the bottom left there is a button but it's so small that I can't even see what the text is.
(Edit: it appears to be the credits button)

When I press PLAY the app crashes after seeing a flash of another screen with a big 1 at the bottom right.

Marcela Calixto

Licensed User
Longtime User
here we go... :)

the text in/on the buttons can't be seen completely on my phone (240x400) it seem the label height is not big enough.

at the bottom left there is a button but it's so small that I can't even see what the text is.
(Edit: it appears to be the credits button)

When I press PLAY the app crashes after seeing a flash of another screen with a big 1 at the bottom right.

Ok, thanx, I have only tested this on Galaxy S4 and Tab3 with no issues as described. It is a bit heavy on the memory usage so that could be what is causing it to crash on your device - I will try to emulate

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, let me know when you think you fixed something.

Marcela Calixto

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, let me know when you think you fixed something.
Hi, I have now tried to emulate it on a Galaxy S2, using 2.3.7 and 480*800 resolution. As I believed the crash is memory related, unfortunately your device don't have large enough memory for the bitmaps that the app is using

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually it's up to you to reorganize things so that it works on other devices aswell.

Resizing bitmaps to the smaller device dimension could gain a lot of memory.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok,I gave it a try on the tablet but it also acts strange.

No crashes like on the phone but all levels complete after 1 second so I couldn't really what the levels were all about

Marcela Calixto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok,I gave it a try on the tablet but it also acts strange.

No crashes like on the phone but all levels complete after 1 second so I couldn't really what the levels were all about
Ok, you have to, in the time timer, before you click OK, to swipe your finger over the 1, to choose how many seconds you wish to play :)

Marcela Calixto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, you have to, in the time timer, before you click OK, to swipe your finger over the 1, to choose how many seconds you wish to play :)
That is the clue about this game; you have to "bet" how many seconds you can survive the game that is given to you randomly. Up to 60 seconds

Marcela Calixto

Licensed User
Longtime User
this game is too complex for me, LOL :)
More advanced yes, but built around an easy concept I believed :) I will try to include better explanation, LOL. You could have a look at the video at youtube or google play showing real gameplay

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting. Are the games just random or can I choose which ones I want to play?
Also on the main screen the banner ad should be either at the bottom or at the top and not somewhere in between.
This could lead to confusion and invalid clicks.
May I suggest putting the timer up and away from the game play. Maybe in a top corner.

Adding

SetApplicationAttribute(android:largeHeap, "true")

to the manifest may help the memory issues.

Marcela Calixto

Licensed User
Longtime User
Interesting. Are the games just random or can I choose which ones I want to play?
Also on the main screen the banner ad should be either at the bottom or at the top and not somewhere in between.
This could lead to confusion and invalid clicks.
May I suggest putting the timer up and away from the game play. Maybe in a top corner.

Adding

SetApplicationAttribute(android:largeHeap, "true")

to the manifest may help the memory issues.
Thanks, I will have a look at it. Yes, the games are random, hence it will be more difficult to actually progress on the (to come) leaderboard. It will then require both luck and skill. There are 5 games in the light version and 20 in the full :). I'm been thinking about to put the games like the next one gets avilable after a certain score has been achieved on the open ones, but I think the way it is it's more original :)

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Impressive.
It takes a lot of effort to program all these different games and them combine them into one app.