GifDecoder Help Pleaaaaasssseeeeee!!!!!!!!

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all, i really need somebody's help, i just started working on my first app with Basic4Android and have nothing to say but good things and positive things about this program, unfortunately i came accross a problem which i need you guy's help to resolve, everything was working fine until i decided to add a splah screen to my app, basically i decided to combine the animation library with GifDecoder library, i got it to work just perfect but when i add the code to the actual app it worn't work it gives me an unexpected error please look at the picture attached app_error.jpg
im using the example taken from here http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries-official-updates/6879-animated-gif-decode-library.html#post39784
like i said the code works just fine when i run it in a separate instance of Basi4Android, but when i use the same code in the actual app that i'm working on it gives me an error, can any one please help resolve this issue, please :sign0163:

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys,

Cheers.
Walter Flores

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
zip your app folder and attach it so we can take a look at it.

Hi, i actually just got it working, it turns out that on the example i took the code from they have timer1 initialized from the Sub process Globals, all i did was move it from there to Sub Globals and it worked just fine, and it my splah screen looks very nice, since i'm combining the animation and gifdecoder libraries, i'm using the scale feature from the animation library and the gifdecoder to load a gif file with 7 different frames giving my splashscreen a very nice look, i have two banners appearing from nowhere and increasing in size while at the same time the banners look like they are on fire.

thanks for your help though!

:sign0098:

Upvote 0