Android Question Net library SMTP body string plain text

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am posting a string for a client who does not want to support html format in the email my app sends. Of course, they want an html string passed to display on their website.
I can pass the string in plain text via gmail and it is fine. In b4a, I can get all the characters except the =
When the string comes through to gmail, the format of each "=" is "=3D". I have passed 61 to no avail.
smtp.body sends:
HTML:
<br/> <a href ="?page_id=33508"class="entry-meta-c">Submitted&nbsp;With Version 0.15</a>

view original in gmail
HTML:
<br/> <a href=3D?page_id=3D33508"class=3D"entry-meta-c">Submitted&nbsp;With  Version 0.15</a>

Any ideas how to get around this and stay in SMTP.HtmlBody = False?

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. There is an attachment already, so that part can be ruled out. the following code still causes "=3D" after the 61. webserver doesn't like the space anyway. Any other ideas?

HTML:
<a href " & Chr(61) & " "  & QUOTE & "../

Upvote 0

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd be glad to do =NJDude if it helped!

<a href =3D3D "../ is the result in gmail as expected, but I was certainly hopeful.

Appreciate the thoughts. Any other thoughts are appreciated as well. Maybe some kind of escape char before the 61?

It's always the simple little things that end up eating 50% of the project time.

Upvote 0