Resistor Calculator (both ways)

MM2forever

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that resistor calculators have already been postet, but I believe my Version is different, because you can also give a Ohms value and get the color code for it.

I would be very happy about bug reports and comments :) .
Please enter only common Ohms values for the ring calculation (not something like 123,4 Ohm or something ;) )

rescalc.jpg

Download (23kb)

Last edited:

mjcoon

Licensed User
Please enter only common Ohms values for the ring calculation (not something like 123,4 Ohm or something ;)

Well, you did warn us! But I didn't expect that entering "123" ohms would lock up my WM5.0 PPC. Actually the program locks up and the PPC slows to a crawl, so I guess that there is an infinite loop crunching away!

Fortunately I was going to do a soft reset (battery swap) anyway...

I hadn't expected that the same executable would work on PC and PPC, but since you didn't say which this was meant to be I just tried it.

BTW It would be neater to embed the bmp files in the executable.

Mike.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Christian,
I have some comments and suggestions.
- If I wore the user, I would expect when entering 123 the calculator giving me the closest standard resitor value according to the number of rings.
- In the color rectangles I would prefer having the corresponding number instead of the color. Red rectangle "2" instead of "Red", the colors are obvious, the numbers not. And also the tolerance values for silver and gold.
- For the first ring, not all colors are authorized, the program must handle this (black, silver , gold)
- The same for the tolerance ring.

These are for shure no critics but constructive suggestions.

Best regards.