What am I doing wrong - Kindle fire layout

legion48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Every time I submit a B4A app to the Amazon app store, it get accepted initially but later on fails compatibility to the Kindle Fire- see below.

It's very frustrating as I'm finding the Amazon Kindle market much more lucrative that the Google app store with a few of my old App Inventor apps that have been accepted. I really would like to get my B4A apps acctepted there as well.

We have recently evaluated your app’s compatibility with Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet. This added test process is here to verify that every app available for download on Kindle Fire will provide our customers with a high-quality experience on their devices. Your existing submission of Feed the Baby has been found to be incompatible with Kindle Fire due to the following:

To be compatible with Kindle Fire, apps must be optimized to run on a 7” screen with width: 600px and height: 1024px (Abstracted LCD Density: 160). Please note that the device will reserve 20px of the height to display a soft key menu, yielding a height of 1004px when in fullscreen mode.

I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. It's always the same message about screen size but my layout is for 600x1024x1(160).

Is anyone else having the same problem????:BangHead:

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've received an email from their Developer support team, although it just regurgitates what I already knew, hmm.....

Upvote 0

legion48

Licensed User
Longtime User
It all depends... Is Kindle Fire a contender? If it is, then yes, we have to bend to their will. If it falls flat, then no.. Only time will really tell and of course the Apps and the device go hand in hand.

I did notice though that my App has had around 62 downloads, in total from Amazon. vs. 9.5k on the official market and 1.5k from Slideme.org So at the moment Amazon isn't really a contender for me.. But I do believe that Amazon can deliver. Kindle was almost the #1 present in my circle of family and friends over Christmas this year and they just seemed to be coming out of the woodwork from all angles. Admittedly we haven't got any Kindle products ourselves though, yet!

Maybe your Amazon apps have not been accepted for Kindle yet. I have sold a few hundred on Amazon but only with apps that have been Kindle accepted. I have exactly 2 sales of apps that have not made it passed the Kindle acceptance. This leads me to believe that not many non Kindle owners are using the Amazon app store just yet. Don't forget, Kindle owners - and there are millions of them now - ONLY have the amazon app store, they can't access the Google android market.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My Apps have not passed Kindle Fire compatibility testing, yet...!

I think I'm going to have to pick up a Kindle Fire to do some actual device testing on!!

Upvote 0

legion48

Licensed User
Longtime User
My Apps have not passed Kindle Fire compatibility testing, yet...!

I think I'm going to have to pick up a Kindle Fire to do some actual device testing on!!

If you manage to get one in the UK, let me know where from. I would like one too to help with testing.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Job done.

Layout corrected.

App submitted, so hopefully it will pass the Kindle Fire compatibility test.

This : Kindle Fire: Enable USB Debugging

worked well in getting it going :)

Thankfully the Fire uses the same USB cable as my HTC Desire HD.

Aside, the Kindle Fire is quite a nice device, but a little useless in the UK atm..

Upvote 0