Android Question WYSIWYG designer

MonDrew

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello NJDude, I also have the same question regarding the "Abstract Designer" (in the Bluetooth project). I have my device plugged in and the status is "Connected". Under 'Layout' in the Abstract Designer, I see 20 layouts. Please clarify for me what you mean by (and where do I find) "any of the 2 layouts". Thanks much.

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello MonDrew,

Please forgive me if I reply too simply. I am opened to provide more information.

About your question : You are probably seeing Views. A layout is a "interface file". You open layouts from the Designer using the "File" menu and after that "Open". Or directly with one of the shortcuts in the bottom of the "File" menu.

And in the bottom right part of the designer you see "Layout Variants" : layouts used with different screen sizes.

In the Abstract Designer "Layout" menu, you see common variants

Upvote 0

MonDrew

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello MonDrew,

Please forgive me if I reply too simply. I am opened to provide more information.

About your question : You are probably seeing Views. A layout is a "interface file". You open layouts from the Designer using the "File" menu and after that "Open". Or directly with one of the shortcuts in the bottom of the "File" menu.

And in the bottom right part of the designer you see "Layout Variants" : layouts used with different screen sizes.

In the Abstract Designer "Layout" menu, you see common variants

Thanks so much lemonisdead!! You cleared it up for me! All's good now.

Upvote 0