Numeric keyboard for an EditText

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an EditText that I would like to only allow numbers and multiple periods (for entering an IP address).

Unless I am missing something, I can't seem to get what I want.

If I use INPUT_TYPE_TEXT then it shows the full (alpha) keyboard. If I use INPUT_TYPE_NUMBERS then it shows the numeric keyboard but will not allow the user to enter a period. If I use INPUT_TYPE_DECIMAL_NUMBERS then the user can enter numbers and a period, but it will not allow more than one period (decimal point).

I could probably do my own filtering for invalid characters, but how do I simply pop-up a numeric keyboard when the user clicks on an EditText, and how can I make it accept numbers and multiple periods?

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply Erel. Since I've seen other apps that automatically display a numeric keyboard and still allow multiple decimal points, do you think that this may be something that will be supported in a future version of B4A?

On the plus side, from what I've done with B4A so far this is the first time I seem to have run into any kind of (an apparent) limitation that affected me. :icon_clap:

Upvote 0
If you can please start a new thread about this in the Wishlist subforum. It will eventually be added.
Erel I am New for this S/W. i like the most as compare to other s/w for making of android app. where should i write for achieving numeric keyboard and where should i put respective code?....help me out bro it would ma pleasure..

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0