Package Name in B4A-1.80 only lower case

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
My package name was previously "HBVerbrauchszaehler", in B4A V1.8 package name must are written in lower case. If I then change my existing APP is not overwritten, and produces twice, there is error message "The application has unexpectedly quit."

What can I do? Is there a way to re-use the package name with capital letters?

Last edited:

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem will be that the directory exists "HBVerbrauchszaehler" already with capital letters and will try the same directory "hbverbrauchszaehler" create small letters, which is probably not possible.

The directory in small letters was not created, but a program icon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
After that, I'm the object directory \ \ HBVerrbauchszaehler now in hbverbrauchszaehler
have changed, the app is running again and overwrites the previous APP and retains the data.

Problem now is that only now are in the application window icons exist two APP,
which both start the same app.

Upvote 0

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, the problem is, while the data is then also uninstall files that use the new app. There are already many thousands of users use my APPS.

Upvote 0

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
My program will be released in two versions: a full version and lite version. Accordingly, I change only the package name and label name.

If it is not possible, then I use for my two existing APPS B4A-1.7 and the only future for the APPS B4A1.8.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JdV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

Setting the line "Package=x.y.Z" in the .b4a file didn't work for me.

The Manifest file shows the package name in parameter "package=x.y.z" in all lower case letters no matter which way I set it in the .b4a file.

Manually setting the correct case in the Manifest file and making it read only didn't work either - the app just crashes on start up.

I can't simply remove the existing app from the market as there are a few that would be affected by this issue so any further suggestions?

Regards

Joe

Upvote 0