Need a Dashboard

raytronixsystems

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

I am looking to put together a dashboard for my app and have been looking around the Online Community and Google's developer pages for some ideas. I tried the AHDashboard Library and it looked nice but I do not need the rearrangement and hiding of selected of the icons once a selection is made. I have included a screen capture of several commercial apps like Twitter, Evernote, etc. to give you an idea what I am looking for.

A nice site to take a look at is here:Android UI Design Patterns: UI Design Pattern - Dashboard

Basically. I need the capability of arranging larger icons in a 2x3, 3x3, 2x4 or 3x4 grid with a wide Title Bar at the top with the capability of displaying App's Icon or other graphic in the left-hand corner. I need an area just to the right of the icon to describe the name of the menu (i.e Main Menu, etc.) and room for at least 2 small icons in the right-hand corner. Underneath each icon in the grid will be an area for descriptive text (optional). As the user presses on an icon it will return the icon number to the caller and the menu will hide until invoked again. The BACK key will exit the menu and hide it. A user-configurable background would be nice. but I do not need scrolling like a List View at the moment. I'm not sure whether to write it in B4A from scratch or use one of the numerous libraries already up here to accomplish this task. I would like to put the Dashboard code in it's own separate code module if possible for re-use in other projects.I'm sure some of you have already put this UI together for your projects.

Any help and/or suggestions on how to approach this would greatly be appreciated.

thx,
Ray

Attachments

• SampleMenu3.jpg
    SampleMenu3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 783
Last edited: