Generating R file. Error?

PaulD

Licensed User
Longtime User
Every time I hit the "Run", I get to "Generating R file" and it errors out.

Does this have something to do with the fact that I am running the files from Google Drive?

Or did I not do something right in the set up of B4A

Or ??

:sign0094:

Error-Compile-Debug.jpg

I had the same problem when the designer became disconnected from the phone emulator. I had to restart the phone emulator, connect the designer, then the compiler managed to get past the 'R' step without failing.

Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you ever seen at Log Tab (right-below conner)?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the same problem when the designer became disconnected from the phone emulator. I had to restart the phone emulator, connect the designer, then the compiler managed to get past the 'R' step without failing.
This step is not related in any way to the emulator or device.

Does this have something to do with the fact that I am running the files from Google Drive?
This might be the cause. Try to save your project in a different folder.

Upvote 0

PaulD

Licensed User
Longtime User
New Install... Same Issue... Arrrggg!!!

Thank you all for your suggestions...

I have uninstalled and re-installed B4A and moved all files to local drives, rebuilt all of the paths, re-installed the library's..

I just tried a "New" file, with nothing but an ImageView and an image added to the view... ZERO coding (other than what B4A starts with) and the core lib....

When I try to "run" it is still giving me the BS it was all day yesterday...

Parsing code. 0.00
Compiling code. 0.06
Compiling layouts code. 0.00
Generating R file. Error

The designer works perfectly, I am connected wireless and can see the design in real time, even make changes on my phone that are reflected on the emulator (Very cool BTW)....

What I can't do is see anything "Run"..... Frustrating!!

Any Ideas?? :sign0094:

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just for fun, try the attached project, it has NOTHING but a message box, if you still get the same error, then is something on your system.

What version of B4A do you have?

Attachments

• Test.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

PaulD

Licensed User
Longtime User
YEAH!!!

So I found this stupid dll file and figured out how to install it using CMD (What a pain in the but!!)

Once I got that stupid dll file installed, I was able to "Run" it... however since I did uninstall and reinstall the B4A program, I had to build a new "Private Sign Key"

But it is now fully functional!!!! YEAH!!

Thank you!! NJDude!

BTW I was finally able to make the CompactActionBar work as well... Kick ASS! Thanks for that!!

Upvote 0