Bug? Will not create an apk when compiling without signing

mistermentality

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried this again and again and though hesitant to post here it does seem to be a bug. :sign0085:

I tried to compile an example I found on the site to test signing with my own key as I need to use my existing key and B4A does not let me so I compile with the do not sign option.

I get bin gen res and src folders and a manifest xml file and a .dex but no apk file for me to sign, nor does a search of the computer find an apk. I only get an apk using the compile and run option but I cannot use that apk because I need to use my existing key.

To reiterate the problem is specifically that no apk file is produced using the compile without signing option although I get no error messages, the messages being simply:
"Compiling code. 0.01
Generating R file. 0.00
Compiling generated Java code. 1.38
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 0.59
Packaging files. 0.41
Completed successfully."

If I compile with a key I get success message as follows:
"Compiling code. 0.01
Generating R file. 0.00
Compiling generated Java code. 1.31
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 0.63
Packaging files. 0.38
Signing package file (debug key). 0.50
ZipAlign file. 0.05
Installing file to device. 26.77
Device serial: emulator-5554
Completed successfully."

Only this time I also get an apk.

Is this a bug? I can reproduce this with any code 100% of the time yet it will compile an apk if I use the compile and run option.

Dave

mistermentality

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks but I cannot find that temp file either, just the ones I mentioned before. So does this mean I cannot use B4A with my own key to write apps until the update?

Edit: Sorry, it is there. I was looking in a folder for an already compiled apk where of course the temp file must have been deleted.
Dave

Last edited: