Urgent Help! ...ALL B4P .exe are Crashing

epsharp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Today, February 29, 2012, Leap Year Day!

Windows Server 2003 in Terminal Server Mode. Operational suite of Point of Sale Programs with related Accounting (over 80 B4P compiled programs) operational for over one year. Every single program (.exe) crashed upon opening with the following:

Error Loading Program.
Value of '2012' is not valid for 'Value'.
Value should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value

Changing the system date to February 28, all work fine. March 1, all work fine.

Please, please help. 25 employees all just sitting and staring at me.

Regards

Ed Sharp

mjcoon

Licensed User
I don't have a solution, though I will have a look. I have just run one of my own (trivial-ish) B4P exe for PC and see that it crashes in exactly the way that you describe.

Mike.

mjcoon

Licensed User
I have just run one of my own (trivial-ish) B4P exe for PC and see that it crashes in exactly the way that you describe.

I withdraw the "(trivial-ish)"; it was my major 12-module effort! I also ran it under the IDE and it still crashes and gives no indication of where the problem is (which I suspect means it is in the B4P run-time rather than interpreted code).

So I tried running a demo program, choosing the one for locale.dll. It runs OK under IDE until I tried adding a Calendar control to the form (for the obvious reason!) It then crashes under IDE per description. The crash happens even if the calendar control is not enabled, has only the year included in the format, and the containing form has no Show call.

Maybe since AGraham is still interested in PC usage and has the source code he could take a look promptly enough to be of use on this working day (or before the next leap year!)

Mike.

epsharp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Calendar Control

Thanks Mike.

I also narrowed it down to the Calendar control (see Update Urgent Help.

I sent a private message to Erel asking for help.

POS Orders are backing up and Accounting staff are waiting to run the company's weekly payroll.

If I can't resolve this in the next hour, I'll bite the bullet and try changing the system date to February 28 and use Navicat/Mysql console to change the dates entered by the system back to the 29th. Be a bitch though, lots of real transactions from the 28th. Can't use March 1 due to month end close problems.

Hoping someone has a fix. :sign0163:

Regards

Ed Snarp

epsharp

Licensed User
Longtime User
83 programs recompiled. Payroll run. Backed up orders posted and processed.

Whew! :icon_clap:

Thanks everybody for your help, ESPECIALLY the promptness. :sign0098:

I'm using B4P Desktop 6.5.

There was never any problem in the IDE for me which is why it was so exasperating. As soon as I got the first error, I immediately loaded the source, pressed <F5> and it worked just fine. Recompiled, clicked the .exe file and got the error. After the "fix" and recompile, all went perfectly.

Thanks again.

Ed Sharp