Android Question ~10 display tablet

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
How well does a " 10 android tablet scale up to 1920x1080P display?

I've got to pick up a bunch of these android tv sticks to play with.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure what exactly you mean but when I write my apps I use the Designer Scripts and the layouts look perfect on ANY device, I can say this because I have several devices that ranges from LG Optimus V to HTC EVO 4G LTE on phones and tabs such as Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nexus 7, Chinese clones and even GoogleTV.

Upvote 0

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
ok, I'm not in front of my pc (with basic4android). What's the resolution of a 10" tablet.
I guess you can specify any size display in the designer? (create a variant for something larger?)

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't need "variants" just use the designer scripts, the beauty of using the designer scripts is that you could work on a 7 inch tab or even a phone, and if you do the layout right it will scale without a hitch on ANY device, no need to worry about density, screen size, etc.

Upvote 0

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you share your designer script? I'm having quite a bit of difficulty designing a portrait and landscape layout on a nexus 10 and having it auto-scale to other devices like my galaxy s4. When you say do the layout right, what do you mean exactly? I've read the different pages but it's been a little confusing. Currently I have major sections inside panels nice and neat within my activity.

Upvote 0

merlin2049er

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't really have anything within my designer scripts. I'll have to read up on it, see if I can deal with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, check the attached sample, is a very simple app, as you will see, there are no variants, I'm just using the designer scripts and if you have several devices you will also see it scales fine, I don't need to know the density, screen size, etc, but I know it will scale on any device.

If you have complex layouts it will take you a little bit of time to create them, but the process will be the same, 1 script and you are done.

I hope that helps.

Attachments

• Sample.zip
    11 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0