Android Question Drag and pinch zoom image control - SDK 26+?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to open a map image in an image view centered on a specific point in the map and at a pre-determined zoom. The user must then be able to drag and zoom this image to explore the map.

I have found the TouchImageView library which appears to do exactly what I want from the users point of view but the pre-positioning for a defined zoom factor seems buggy so I can't use it as I would like. I have also found the JsTouchImageView library which works well but does have the limitation that you can't drag the corner of an image all the way to the centre of the view - but I can live with that! However both of these libraries will fail to show an image if the manifest target SDK is set to a value of 14 or greater. They both appear to actually load the image, so it is not a permissions problem, but fail to display it. This is obviously a problem for Play Store apps.

Is there another image view library with this functionality that I have overlooked that will work with target SDK 26 and later? If not I might have to have a go at rolling my own with the GestureDetector library and a standard image view.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not difficult to achieve without needing to use other libraries.

Why not develop it yourself?

Upvote 0