Android Question Qr code app detected as virus by kaspersky

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi..
I was trying to add qr code generating feature in my app with the help of follwing library..
But while testing release, kaspesky detected it as trojan. What is the problem? Here i have attached screenshot.
Please help.
I do not distribute my apps on playstore. I distribute them directly to my clients. But i never faced this problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-31-14-35-21-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-31-14-35-21-27.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a false positive, it happens occasionally. Anti-virus apps tend to use proprietary heuristic methods to detect likely threats rather than being ableto positively identify all the threats in the wild. That means they are looking for patterns in the code that might be harmful. You could try moving some Subs around in the app and see if it goes away otherwise you could get in touch with Karpersky which is probably not worth the effort as your apps are privately distributed.

Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a false positive, it happens occasionally. Anti-virus apps tend to use proprietary heuristic methods to detect likely threats rather than being ableto positively identify all the threats in the wild. That means they are looking for patterns in the code that might be harmful. You could try moving some Subs around in the app and see if it goes away otherwise you could get in touch with Karpersky which is probably not worth the effort as your apps are privately distributed.
Many many thanks for your response.
I hope it should be false positive.
Also i will try your suggestion about subs..
But please guide me about signing an app.
I just compile my app and start distributing it to my clients.
I have heard about signing app but never needed it and also do not know why it is necessary.
I read somewhere that if you sign your app, antivirus may not detect it as virus as it is from an authorised source.
So if signing my app solve my problem, and then i will try it.
So please guide me about signing an app and is it necessary in my case?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vvg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good news...🙂 I reported this to kaspersky lab and they admited that it was a false positive and assured me that they will fix it.
Here i have attached screen shot of mail i received from kaspesky lab.

Attachments

• IMG_20201104_224629_compress99.jpg
    IMG_20201104_224629_compress99.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0