Android Question Placing markers on a graph

DT1111

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus

For a start I am using a simple y= mx to plot a straight line where x = 0 to 100 and then place

a triangle marker at x = 10
a circle marker at x = 25
a square marker at x = 50
a diamond marker at x = 65

Conceptually I am thinking of creating a canvas and then use special character symbol which has the above shapes and place them ontop of the y=mx line. But I think there is a more noble way of doing it.

Please recommend or if there is already a similar attempt on the forum, please let me know. Thanks!

Upvote 0

DT1111

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Klaus

Not sure if this is a new thread but it is related to the above topic.

How can a balloon of text be placed next to a marker. The balloon adds information related to a particular marker on the graph.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need to do it on your own.
Do you want the balloon to remain on the chart or do you want to remove it also ?
If it remains you can draw it directly onto the chart, otherwise you could add a transparent Panel as a layer and draw onto this one.
To remove the balloon you can either remove the Panel, set it to invisible or redraw it transparent.

Upvote 0

DT1111

Licensed User
Longtime User
The intention is to make the balloon or callout appears when the marker is touched and then disappear when the balloon is touched.

Placing a marker is not a problem but creating a balloon similar to the pic, I am unclear how best to approach it esp the size of balloon changes as it wraps around some text of varied length.

Any guidance is appreciated.

upload_2015-10-28_23-12-54.png

Upvote 0