Android Question Compile for Beta Testing

jpvniekerk

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the correct (best) way to compile an app for beta testing?

I've tried with "debug", but then the app will not run if its not connected.

I've tried with "release", but then when an error occurs the app just shuts down without any indication of the problem.

I'm running B4A version 6.0

Is there a way to compile the app that will allow testers to capture errors with preferably a description and reference to the B4A line?

Thanks for any help.

ronell

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can only use usb debug in your b4a current version to access logs or upgrade to 6.80 to view logs even in release mode

Upvote 0

monic

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the correct (best) way to compile an app for beta testing?

I've tried with "debug", but then the app will not run if its not connected.

I've tried with "release", but then when an error occurs the app just shuts down without any indication of the problem.

I'm running B4A version 6.0

Is there a way to compile the app that will allow testers to capture errors with preferably a description and reference to the B4A line?

Thanks for any help.

The feedback dialog box that appears when your app crashes allows for user feedback and inside the developer console in google also shows the crash.

Upvote 0

ronell

Licensed User
Longtime User
post the relevant code so other can test it to their device , cant help without it ..

Upvote 0

jpvniekerk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks all for your replies.
you can only use usb debug in your b4a current version to access logs or upgrade to 6.80 to view logs even in release mode
upgrade to 6.80.. that will solve the issue

@ronell Thanks - I'll look into this.

The feedback dialog box that appears when your app crashes allows for user feedback and inside the developer console in google also shows the crash.
@Jamie8763 When testing on my own phone, I do not get any feedback dialog - the app just shuts down without any message.

@Jamie8763 - Thanks - studying that now.

can you post the code?
post the relevant code so other can test it to their device , cant help without it ..
@ronell - not practical - going on 12,000 lines of code. I don't have a specific problem, but want to get beta testers to see if they can find any problems with the app.

Upvote 0