Other B4A v5.80 BETA is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v5.80 BETA version.

This update includes important new features, including better support for custom views:

SS-2016-01-14_16.16.18.png

Improvements:

• Custom views: [B4X] Custom Views with Enhanced Designer Support
    With this feature it is much easier to add and configure custom views.
  • #ExcludeClasses: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-three-birds-with-one-stone.63127/
    This attribute makes it simple to exclude classes not required from libraries such as google play services.
  • CreateResource manifest editor keyword: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-three-birds-with-one-stone.63127/#post-398974
    Allows creating XML resource files from the manifest editor.
    For example with this code we can use the native light theme based on the Android version:
    B4X:
    SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@style/LightTheme")
    CreateResource(values-v20, theme.xml,
    <resources>
      <style
      name="LightTheme" parent="@android:style/Theme.Material.Light">
      </style>
    </resources>
    )
    CreateResource(values-v14, theme.xml,
    <resources>
      <style
      name="LightTheme" parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light">
      </style>
    </resources>
    )

• Debugger improvements and fixes. Mostly related to larger projects.
  • Coarse location permission added to BluetoothAdmin. Required for discovery in Android 6.
  • The default setting of the holo theme in the manifest editor was removed.
    It is recommended to use a custom theme or the device default theme.
    The compiler will issue a warning about explicit usage of the holo.theme.
  • The WYSIWYG designer defaults to material theme on Android 5+.
  • The READ_LOGS permission was removed from LogCat object. It is not useful since Android 4.1.
  • The compiler will issue a warning if the targetSdkVersion is missing or if the value is not between 14 to 22.
  • ViewsEx library - Includes two views implemented as custom views (Switch and RatingBar). The source code of this library is available in the custom views tutorial.
  • Other minor IDE improvements and bug fixes.
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions.

Last edited:

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
You will catch android version soon . Is it planned ? :D

Thanks for the fantastic support and continuous updates.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice, Erel.

It chops off 500K when only using the ads (maybe it can be drilled down more but I don't know all the keywords)

Upvote 0

johnl

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried to download this, but when it asks for the licence file it says that it is invalid as it is for a previous version. It dates from March 15 (v 4.3 I think)

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Time to update some of my B4A library-wraps to support custionview-properties now :D

Thank you very much for this Update!!! I really appreciate the new feature....
I'll wait for the final release... but will definitely have a play with it... I just need to find where EREL has hid the 2 new custom views to explore

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not have the possibility to select Custom View to old and new projects. What could be causing this? BETA installed in a separate folder.
you need to check a referenced library which contains a customview (Or your project mst contain a customview class) before you open the designer

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.