Bug? No resource found error after v7.80 upgrade

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I installed v7.80 two days ago & today when I went to recompile one of my apps I got this error:

B4A Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.29s)
Running custom action. (0.03s)
Compiling code. (1.74s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.06s)
Organizing libraries. (12.04s)
Generating R file. Error
C:\Users\Colin\Google Drive\Five Dice!\Objects\bin\extra\res9\res\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

I did not make any changes to the app - simply tried to recompile it.

- Colin.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
setKeyboardNavigationCluster
added in API level 26

So i guess you should check which Android jar you are using....

Are you using the new SDK Manager integrated in the IDE? Did you adapted the paths in tools-configure paths to use the new SDK?
Make sure to use Android.jar from api 27 which should be default in the new sdk manager.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Make sure to use Android.jar from api 27 which should be default in the new sdk manager.
Yeah - thanks. Right after my post I changed it to 27 & it compiled, but then I ran into another issue (I hate Windows 10) so hadn't had a chance to post that I had resolved it...

- Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Although it begs the question: Where did setKeyboardNavigationCluster come from? I previously was compiling against api 25 without issues & it's only since the B4A 7.80 update that this became an issue. I didn't change anything in my code.

- Colin.