Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2017-10-23_17-14-10.png

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Untervace

The diversity of different platforms makes it difficult to have a language only for all the os.
I agree with you that sometimes it is not convenient to flatten everything in a single language.
But sometimes it's important to have a single language for multiple platforms to get the same result.

I like Delphi because you can take advantage of the features of each platform or have a unique language that does not exploit everything but that allows you to have a unique and fully portable source code.
Then Delphi is based on Turbo Pascal, which is my second language I learned.

That said, I'm very happy with B4A. Manually is maturing and the XUI interface makes it more versatile, but still can not be considered at the level of other languages that have only one IDE for all platforms. In any case, B4A is based on Basic, which is my first language I learned
.When there are very complex projects for the development of mobile applications, I turn to https://www.cogniteq.com/mobile-app-development and they promptly help me with development, they are professionals.
It's fascinating how the landscape of different platforms challenges us to adapt our coding languages. Delphi indeed offers a unique approach, allowing us to leverage platform-specific features while maintaining a unified codebase. It's like having the best of both worlds!

I share your sentiment about B4A. While it's progressing nicely, there's still room for growth, especially when compared to languages with dedicated IDEs for all platforms. Nonetheless, its foundation in Basic, a language close to our hearts, adds a nostalgic touch to the development journey.

Here's to embracing the diversity of platforms and finding the right tools to navigate them seamlessly!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
These days things are easier and AI is turning the tables on everyone. just tell him (or her I don't know) to port a B4A project to iOS and boom. But you will have to wait a few seconds :)