Android Question $_POST Array is Empty in XAMPP

lip

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to synchronize SQLite data on my tablet with a MYSQL Database on an XAMPP server (across a LAN for now). I have written a php script which works when called as localhost from a browser using $_GET in the php file. I then changed the $_GET's in my php file to $_POST and tried writing a record by calling job1.poststring(...) from my tablet. The php script runs and it returns half-sensible results to the tablet, but the $_POST array is empty ie echo var_dump($_POST) returns an empty array;

I have checked php.ini MaxPOST = 8Mb and I have tried including <form method = "post"> but not sure whether I have put this in the correct place.

B4ACode follows:-
B4X:
Dim Job1 As HttpJob
    Job1.Initialize("JobWriteEnergyRecord",Me)

Dim myPostString2 As String
    myPostString2 = "id=" & EnergyC.GetInt("ID") & _
    "&fromdate=" & EnergyC.GetLong("FromDate") & _
    "&todate=" & EnergyC.GetLong("ToDate") & _
    "&esigma=" & EnergyC.GetLong("EnergyOccupied")

Dim ServerString As String
    ServerString = "http://192.168.0.15/energy"
Job1.PostString(ServerString,myPostString2)

Has anyone else managed to get this working using XAMPP?

lip

Licensed User
Longtime User
btw... You should use job.download if you want to start a GET-request....
if you do a POST-Request you need to check $_POST (or $_REQUEST (thats a mixed one from POST and GET....)

I AM using $_POST but the array is empty. The parameters are not being passed.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
U can use this example and strip down the fileuploads with it.
The rest of the code is sending a multipart-POST-Request to a php-Script. Including values given per Post
I have checked php.ini MaxPOST = 8Mb
Is it that much what you are sending? Is the data binary?

Upvote 0

lip

Licensed User
Longtime User
U can use this example and strip down the fileuploads with it.
The rest of the code is sending a multipart-POST-Request to a php-Script. Including values given per Post

Is it that much what you are sending? Is the data binary?

The data is four integers . I have just tried the same B4A code on the same tablet but to a different intranet and it works perfectly. The problem mus be with my XAMPP server setup so I guess out of scope of this Forum! Thanks for your help anyway.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…